Rooftop Digital, LLC
Last Update: 2.1.2024
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
We may collect information that personally identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with you (collectively “Personal Information”), including:
- Identifiers, which includes your name, physical address, email address, phone number, mobile number, and identity information relating to data used to identify an individual.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under applicable laws, such as your age and date of birth.
- Sensitive personal information, which includes your telephone number, physical address, credit card, or banking information.
- Commercial information, which includes records of your purchases of products or services from us or third-parties; as well as profile information relating to your interests, feedback information, communication preferences, customer service and communication history, or information related to your interests, history, or tendency toward products and services, articles, and the like.
- Geolocation data, which includes both your general geographic location when viewing our Website and precise location when submitting a registration for one of our programs or purchase of merchandise.
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, including, where permitted by law, recordings of phone calls between us or our customer service providers. We also record users who fill out our registration pages and retain for proof of legal compliance.
- Professional or employment-related information, which may be collected when verifying your identify and may include the business or organization an individual represents, their title with that business or organization, and information relating to their role with the business or organization.
- Demographic information, which may include your age and date of birth.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information or data. From information we collect as set forth in our policies and information provided by third-parties, contractors, and our analysts, we are able to create a profile or general understanding of your preferences, characteristics to determine what content, ads, or products you may be interested in receiving. We may share this with third-parties who provide services and analytics to us as well as advertisers who support our publication. Such third-parties may provide additional Personal Information to allow us to draw an inference about interests and preferences you would like us to use based on our and third-party’s analysis of your trends.
- No Collection From Individuals Under the Age of Sixteen (16). We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of sixteen (16) without prior parental consent, except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. By using our Site, you represent that you are at least 16 years of age.
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION.
We collect your Personal Information, directly from you when you visit our Website, fill out our registration forms, or contact us directly. We also collect your information automatically when you visit our Website or interact with our App. Lastly, we collect information about you from third-parties, contractors, service providers, and social media platforms.
- Information You Provide To Us. We may collect Personal Information directly from you when you provide it to us through our Websites, register for our services, or contact us for any reason. This may include the information you provide in response to our request or prompt.
- Computer or Device Information. We automatically collect your Internet Protocol ("IP") address or other unique identifier or information from the computer, mobile device, or tablet you use to access the Websites, including but not limited to, your browser type, device type, system type, and the domain name from which you accessed the Websites.
- Usage Information. We may collect information about your use of our Websites, including the date and time you visit the Websites, the content, areas or pages of our Websites that you visit, the Website or app from which you navigated to the Websites, the page or app you visit after leaving our Websites or App, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Websites, the number of times you return to our Websites, as well as other click-stream or usage data, and whether you open, forward, or click-through an email or display ad to the Websites. For legal compliance purposes, we may also capture or record your interactions with the Website to confirm that your information was submitted to us.
- Third-party Service Providers. We use third-party service providers to support our Websites. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies to receive, collect, and store information on your computer for later access and usage.
- Information from Third-Party Websites or Services. If you link to us through a third-party website, email, or service, such as a social media account, we may automatically receive certain information about you based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party websites or services. This may include, but may not be limited to, your name, username, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and online activity.
- Recordation of Registration by Third-party Service Provider. If you choose to register for our services, we provide you with a registration box to enter your personal information and agree to us or one of our providers to contact you. We may record your entire interaction with our registration box, including the information you enter when requested as well as the boxes you check agreeing to certain legal agreements. This recordation is preserved for a period of up to 5 years from the date of recordation and may be accessed by us or the provider as legal proof that you registered on our Website and agreed (by checking the required boxes).
- Information Collected From Third-Party Sources. We may acquire Personal Information from other sources as follows:
- Service Providers. We use third-party service providers to support our Websites and Services and business processes including without limitation, services which confirm your identity, determine the truthfulness of the information you submitted, and determine which of our client’s we will submit your information to in order to provide you with the products and services you are seeking by your registration.
- Third-parties. We obtain Personal Information about you from third-party sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases. This information may include your name, email address, IP, general and specific residents address, telephone number or mobile number, demographic information, and publicly-observed data.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Functional Cookies. These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited and will not be able to monitor our performance.
- Targeting Cookies. These cookies are set on our website by our supporting advertisers. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on our website as well as other websites. They may or may not store personal information. Often, they are based on unique identifier set in your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies. These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies, you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
- Combining Information. We may combine the Personal Information we receive from you, third-parties, and information we automatically collect through the website, as well as information collected from other online or offline sources, including from third-party sources. This will provide us with a profile of you which we may be able to use for provision of our services to you as well as identify other products and services that may interest you.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
- Use of Information. We use the Personal Information we collect from and about you for any of the following business purposes:
- To provide our websites and/or services to our clients.
- To analyze, improve, operate, and maintain our websites, services, and systems, or develop new products, services, or
- To obtain on behalf of our clients the information, products, or services that they request we promote to you.
- Prevent and detect fraudulent activities.
- To conduct our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you, us, our clients, or other service provides or third-parties, involving the services or products you have requested.
- To provide you and other users with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the website, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media, or online services, or via direct mail, email, and/or events, news, programs, and other related and unrelated services and products that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To determine the effectiveness of our marketing programs including use of your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes.
- We may use the information we collect from your mobile device to understand how users interact with us on their mobile devices.
- We may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising on our Website to be targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent. This means users may see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and many advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer’s experience and the effectiveness of the advertising.
- We may use your information to show you relevant ads both on our services and elsewhere and measure the effectiveness and reach of ads. To learn more about how you can opt-out of interest-based advertising, please visit networkadvertising.org.
- Additionally, we use your Personal Information from any source to interact with our clients to provide the services and products you have requested as a result of your registration with us or during any customer services communications.
- WHO WE DISCLOSE, SHARE, AND SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO.
We may disclose, share, and sell your Personal Information as described below.
- Third-party Product and Service Providers. We disclose, share, and sell your Personal Information to third-party product and service providers to provide you with the products and services you have requested through your registration on our website and services. We may provide your information, including your personal information, to third-parties, such as service providers, contractors, and advertisers, for a variety of purposes, including, without limitation, for targeted and/or direct marketing purposes. We reserve the right to disclose to third-parties all of the information that we collect online about you and other visitors.
- Parent and Affiliated Companies. We may disclose and share your information with our parent company and its subsidiaries for business and operational purposes.
- Clients who have retained our services. We may disclose and share your information with our clients and their subsidiaries for business and operational purposes to perform the services for which we have been retained.
- Service Providers and Contractors. We disclose and share your information with service providers and contractors that we use to support our business and website.
- Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets. We may disclose, share, and sell your Personal Information as part of our sale of assets during the normal course of our business. If another entity acquires us or any of our assets, information we have collected about you may be transferred to such entity. If we file for bankruptcy or reorganization, information we have collected about you may be considered our asset and may be included in the assets transferred.
- Marketing Vendors and Other Third-parties. We may disclose, share, or sell your information to third-parties who provide display and/or email services or other third-party vendors we use who provide cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies for our and third-parties use on and to manage and improve our advertising campaigns.
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your Personal Information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any subpoenas, judicial processes, or government or regulatory requests and investigations. We may disclose and share your Personal Information to third-parties to assist us in compliance with Laws.
- Enforcing Our Rights. We may disclose and share your information to enforce or apply our terms of service or other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes, with clients, third-party service provides and other third-parties or contractors who provide you with the product or service which you have requested or to protect the security of our Websites, servers, network systems, and databases and enforce our contractual rights with these parties.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information. We may disclose, share, or sell aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information to third-parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING OUT.
- Cookies, Tracking Options, and California Do Not Track Disclosures. We, third-parties, and service providers place cookies and tracking technology on parts of our website. You may decline or adjust these technologies through your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies. Please note that by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on our website or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device's settings or your Internet browser's "Help" section for more information on how to delete and/or disable cookies or to control your tracking preferences. Please note that our Websites may not recognize "do not track" requests or headers from some or all browsers. Please read https://allaboutcookies.org/how-to-manage-cookies to learn how and when to adjust your cookie settings as well as obtain a list of the best ad blockers and VPNs.
- Interest-Based Advertising. You have choices for receiving more relevant advertising on the Websites or across other websites and online services, to learn more about these choice please see relevant articles at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or for your mobile device, please see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. Your mobile device may also allow you to adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control advertising. Even if you opt-out, you still may receive advertising from us that is not customized based on your Service or usage information, or advertising from other third-parties.
- Opt-Out Preference Signal (Global Privacy Control). You may use an Opt-Out Preference Signal, such as the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”), to opt-out of the sale/sharing of your personal information. However, this technology and our use of it is not fully developed by the market. Our database containing your information may not be linked to your browser identification and because your request to opt-out of sale/sharing will be linked to your browser identifier only and not linked to any account or database information as the connection between your browser and our database is not known to us, we may not be able to fulfill this request. If you would like us to make the connection between your browser and your account within our database, please email us or submit the requested form through our Website portal below.
- Unsubscribing from Our Marketing Communications. We provide our customers, as well as individuals referred by our customers, with the opportunity to opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of a product or service. To opt-out of marketing communications or to request to be added to our Do Not Mail List, you may contact us through our Contact Information. Any third-parties to whom we have disclosed, shared, or sold your information may have their own privacy policies which describe how they use and disclose your information and your choices. We encourage you to visit the websites of those third-parties.
- Links to Third-party Websites. Our website may offer links to other websites, including links embedded in advertisements and links to various news sources that are not under our control. Such links to other websites may have information policies and practices different from ours and may have their own privacy policies. We do not own or control such companies and websites and are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of websites that we do not own or control.
- DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION.
We use reasonable industry-accepted technology and controls to protect your information and data from disclosure to unauthorized third-parties. This includes firewalls, secured facilities, and logged and limited access. Although mostly effective to prevent disclosure, no guarantee can be given that all information you provide to us will not be accessed by unauthorized persons. Thus, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Any transmission of information, communications, and data to us or through our Website is at your own risk.
- CONTACT INFORMATION.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENT RIGHTS.
- California “Shine the Light” Disclosure. The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right, under certain circumstances, to request information from us regarding the manner in which we disclose certain categories of Personal Information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. To opt-out of this type of disclosure, please contact us using our Contact Information above.
- California Privacy Choices. If you are a resident of California, and subject to certain legal limitations and exceptions, you may be able to exercise some or all of the following rights:
- RIGHT TO KNOW. The right to confirm whether we are processing Personal Information about you and to obtain certain personalized details about the Personal Information we collected about you, including:
- The categories of Personal Information collected;
- The categories of sources of the Personal Information;
- The purposes for which we collected the Personal Information;
- The categories of Personal Information disclosed to third-parties, and the categories of recipients to whom we disclosed the Personal Information;
- The categories of Personal Information shared for cross-context behavioral or targeted advertising purposes, and the categories of recipients to whom we disclosed the Personal Information for those purposes; and
- The categories of Personal Information sold, and the categories of third-parties to whom we sold the Personal Information.
- RIGHT TO CORRECT. The right to correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information, and the purposes of processing the Personal Information.
- RIGHT TO DELETE. The right to have us delete the Personal Information we maintain about you, subject to statutory exemptions.
- RIGHT TO CONTROL SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION. The right to exercise control over our collection and processing of Sensitive Personal Information.
- RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF SALE OR SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION The right to direct us not to “sell” your Personal Information to third-parties for monetary or other valuable consideration. You also have the right to direct us not to use your Personal Information for automated decision-making or profiling for certain purposes. The exception to this Right is our ability to disclose, share, and sell your Personal Information to the third-parties who provide to you the services and products you requested at registration.
- RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF TARGETED ADVERTISING/SHARING. You are to broadcast a signal from your browser or device that directs an organization to cease providing their personal information to third-parties for the purposes of targeted advertising. Again, in making this request, we will need to verify your personal information in order to ensure we remove any personal information from our database that may be shared for targeted advertising.
- RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF PROFILING. You have the right to opt-out of use of your Personal Information including work performance, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location, etc. to create a profile of you for targeted advertising.
- RIGHT TO PORTABILITY. The right to obtain a copy of your Personal Information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit the data to another entity without hindrance.
- RIGHT AGAINST DISCRIMINATION OR RETALIATION. You have the right to not receive retaliatory or discriminatory treatment in connection with a request to exercise the above rights.
- HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS. Submit your request to exercise one of the privacy rights identified above through our online form; or at 866-338-5513.
- Response and Timing. Before processing your request, we will need to verify your identity and confirm you are a resident of a California. In order to verify your identity, we will generally either require the successful authentication of your email, or the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our system. We will process requests to opt-out of sales within 10 business days, subject to any applicable exceptions and extensions permitted by law. We will process all other privacy requests within 45 days, subject to any applicable exceptions and extensions permitted by law. In certain circumstances, we may decline a privacy rights request, particularly where you are not a resident of California, or where we are unable to verify your identity, or our retention of your information is compelled by law.
- Submitting Authorized Agent Requests. In certain circumstances, you are permitted to use an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf through the designated methods set forth above where we can verify the authorized agent’s authority to act on your behalf. In order to verify the authorized agent’s authority, we require evidence of either: (i) a valid power of attorney; or (ii) a signed letter containing your name and contact information, the name and contact information of the authorized agent, and a statement of authorization for the request. Depending on the evidence provided and your state of residency, we may still need to separately reach out to you or the California Resident to confirm the authorized agent has permission to act on your behalf and to verify your identity in connection with the request.